New Team to Play Key Role in Sparking Client-First Discussions
with Next Generation Capabilities and Real Results at this Year's CES
Turner Ad Sales is returning to the CES this week as part of an ongoing approach to collaborate with clients and agencies through ideation-fueled discussions. With an introduction by Turner Ad Sales president Donna Speciale, the meetings will include her new leadership team and introduce a new insights-powered unit within the division, TURNER IGNITE, led by executive vice presidents Dan Riess, head of Content Partnerships and Michael Strober, head of Client Strategy & Ad Innovation. Speciale will share Turner Ad Sales' vision in better enabling business partners to re-imagine advertising by combining data and content.
Turner Ignite is the combination of two solution-oriented teams under Strober and Riess. The unit will focus on content and data solutions that power the next generation of portfolio capabilities for Turner, enhancing the ad viewing experience while also driving better ad performance. During the meetings at CES, Turner Ignite will share with clients how they can keep one foot in today's opportunities, while stepping another foot into tomorrow's possibilities. Clients will be led through a suite of planning, creating, targeting and measuring solutions that put the consumer at the center of it all, and drive stronger business results for partners.
"Turner Ignite will play an instrumental role in moving our partners' businesses forward,” said Speciale. “While other companies separate their data and content teams, we believe it's vital to bring them together, allowing advertisers to re-imagine the possibilities of advertising in one conversation. We want to continue to be a resource to clients and better help them accomplish their goals. With Turner Ignite and this powerful suite of solutions, we are set up to make that happen now.”
Turner Ignite will share the newest tool within its arsenal of capabilities, Turner Native Plus. Once experienced only on digital and social platforms, Turner Native Plus expands the power of native advertising to television, producing a powerful environment for better brand storytelling. Utilizing targeting capabilities to find the right placement across the entire portfolio, Turner will align with a brand and replace the traditional commercial pod with a space more powerful and impactful to the viewer. Turner can produce longer-form branded content for a client, or utilize the client's existing and typically digital-based long-form content that previously didn't have a home on television. Turner Native Plus will extend storytelling into the commercial pod by developing the right environment for the client, increasing exposure to the brand, and as a result, driving higher ROI.
In addition to Turner Native Plus, Turner will share updates to previously announced solutions, real results out of last year's deals, and highlight ways the company is leading in branded content.
• Launchpad: New to Turner, this first-of-its kind product combines the power of Turner's premium branded content with real-time social analytics and promotion. Launchpad takes the influential branded content Turner creates for partners, and launches it into social and beyond, using data and insights to maximize a brand's effectiveness.
• TargetingNOW: With 30 campaigns completed and a 27% average lift, Targeting Now will continue to target a specific audience and optimize a client's schedules within their same media mix across the Turner portfolio in 2016.
• AudienceNOW: A true audience-based selling product spanning the entire portfolio, AudienceNOW is a turbocharged version of TargetingNOW. Currently being executed with four key partners, the solution leverages the entire Turner portfolio to find the best schedule for the brand's target audience across the entire day.
• Turner Data Cloud: Turner's Data Management Platform (DMP) can directly link to a client's DMP to effectively execute targeting in digital and soon linear. The team will share a recent movie studio example where Turner Data Cloud enabled the brand to better connect with the right audience by finding new segments.
• ROINOW: Turner's proprietary research clarifies the distinct sales lift advertisers get from Turner's branded content partnerships. With over 50 campaigns measured, ROINow continues to show powerful bottom line gains for partners.
• Provable ROI: Building on the success of ROINOW, ProvableROI launched in 4th Quarter 2015 with 18 partners across the Turner Emerging Consumers portfolio of brands. All brands receive guranteed success at the front end of their deals, and early insight shows that Provable ROI will be Turner's next big measurement success story for partners.
• Branded Content: Led by Courageus, CNN and HLN's first-ever branded content, and including network brands such as Adult Swim and CONAN, marketers have extensive production opportunies utilizing the breadth of Turner's global, multi-screen portfolio.
“We broke ground last year with our suite of data products, and now we are building on that with Turner Native Plus and Launchpad,” said Speciale. “These capabilities aren't available anywhere else. We are fully equipped to take the burden off our partners and become a stronger resource for them. We want brands to connect with consumers like never before.”
About Turner Ad Sales
Turner Ad Sales monetizes the company's portfolio of leading news, sports, kids and entertainment properties through advertising and brand activations. Attracting a wide-scale audience of diverse consumers, the collection includes leading media brands CNN, HLN, TBS, TNT, truTV, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Adult Swim, Bleacher Report and Turner Sports' high-profile coverage of the NBA, MLB, NCAA and PGA. In addition, the company has digital sales partnerships with the NBA, NASCAR, NCAA and PGA.
Turner, a Time Warner company creates and programs branded news; entertainment; kids and young adult; and sports media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.