Viacom International Media Networks Polska (VIMN), owner of TV channels such as MTV Polska, VH1, Viva Polska, Comedy Central Polska, and Nickelodeon, has renewed its programming deal with Warner Bros. International Television Distribution (WBITD).
The two-year deal, signed with MTV Networks S.R.O. on 4 March, continues the great relationship between WBITD and MTV Networks S.R.O. Under the terms of the new deal, the licensed programming includes WBITD’s newest hit sitcoms to be telecast on Comedy Central Polska. Titles include:
- The Big Bang Theory, the #1 entertainment series on U.S. television among Adults 18-49, co-created by executive producer Chuck Lorre
- Mike & Molly, a comedy about a working-class Chicago couple who find love in the most unlikely places, starring Emmy® winner/Oscar® nominee Melissa McCarthy (Bridesmaids, Identity Thief)
- 2 Broke Girls, the outrageous comedy about the adventures of two Brooklyn girls, from Emmy®-winning executive producer Michael Patrick King (Sex and the City)
- The Middle, starring Emmy® winner Patricia Heaton (Everybody Loves Raymond) and Neil Flynn (Scrubs)
- Two and a Half Men, the longtime Emmy®-nominated hit (and #2 comedy in the U.S. among Total Viewers) starring two-time Emmy® winner Jon Cryer and Ashton Kutcher
Highlights from the WBITD series collection also included the beloved sitcom classic Friends and its spinoff, Joey.
"We are in the midst of a Golden Age in television and we are pleased that several of our top comedies will be showcased across VIMN channels," said Jeffrey Schlesinger, President, Warner Bros. International Television.
"Warner Bros. is one of the largest media groups in the world. They consistently produce the highest-quality films and television programs. We are very proud of the fact that in the Polish market, Warner Bros. International Television Distribution is our strategic partner," says Maurice Hols, Senior Vice President, General Manager, Comedy & Entertainment Northern Europe. "We are very pleased that the cooperation between VIMN and Warner Bros. is very good and that the contract was extended for another two years so our viewers can watch the best and the newest comedy shows on Comedy Central Poland," he adds.
About Viacom International Media Networks Channels
Viacom International Media Networks Polska (VIMN), the owner of TV channels such as: MTV Polska, VH1, Viva Polska, Comedy Central Polska, and Nickelodeon. VIMN Polska through this agreement is licensing all new half hour comedy series produced for the broadcast years 2012-13, and 2013-14. In the first year, Comedy Central Polska will launch The Big Bang Theory season 6 in its first-run in the territory. Additional titles includes the worldwide sitcom phenomenon Friends and its spinoff Joey, as well as additional seasons of Two and a Half Men.
About Warner Bros. International Television Distribution
Warner Bros. International Television Distribution is one of the world’s largest distributors of feature films, television programs and animation to the international television marketplace (broadcast, pay cable, basic cable, satellite, pay-per-view, video-on-demand, digital platforms, etc.). It licenses over 60,000 hours of programming (including nearly 6,500 features and 70+ current series), dubbed or subtitled in more than 40 languages, to telecasters and cablecasters in more than 175 countries. For more information, please log on to www.wbitv.com.
Agnieszka Odachowska Communications Manager Viacom International Media Networks Northern Europe M +48 516 018 483 email@example.com
VIMN in social media: http://www.facebook.com/vimnpolska
Warner Bros. International Television Distribution