April 11, 2012
truTV Scores Biggest Quarter Ever, Plus Top 10 Ranking with Target Demo (Final Live + 7 Update)
After scoring its best year ever with key demos in 2011, truTV earned its mostwatched quarter ever in primetime delivery of men 1834, according to final Live + 7 data released this week. On the competitive front, truTV finished the quarter ranking among basic cable's Top 10 entertainment networks with men 1849, also a key demo for the network. In addition, truTV's primetime audience is charting a median age that's younger than the audiences for the network's direct nonfiction competitors.
"This has been another outstanding quarter for truTV as we continue to refine our brand and programming lineup with great storytelling and truly memorable reallife characters," said Marc Juris, executive vice president and chief operating officer of truTV. "We look forward to building on our success throughout the year with exciting new series, like Hardcore Pawn: Fort Bragg, plus several returning favorites."
truTV Q1 2012 Ratings Highlights:
- truTV claimed its biggest quarter ever in primetime delivery of men 1834 (156,000). This marks the third year in a row that truTV has scored its best quarter ever, having previously achieved personal bests in Q1 2010 and again in Q1 2011.
- Demonstrating its growing strength against the competition in one of its primary target demos, truTV is in poised to finish the quarter ranking among basic cable's Top 10 entertainment networks in primetime delivery of men 1849 (347,000).
- With a median age of 42, truTV claims the youngest primetime audience of all its direct nonfiction competitors, including Discovery (44), A&E (46) and History (48).
- Hardcore Pawn (Tuesdays 9 p.m.) enjoyed a sensational quarter, averaging more than 3.2 million viewers and ranking #1 in its time period among men 1849. The show also scored a secondplace ranking in its timeslot with viewers, key adult demos and men 1834, with tripledigit timeperiod growth across the board.
- Lizard Lick Towing (Mondays 10 p.m.) hitched up 2.6 million viewers in Q1 2012, ranking among adsupported cable's Top 5 programs in the timeslot with viewers and key adult and male demos. Centering on Ron and Amy Shirley and their Wendell, N.C., towing company, the show has helped drive truTV's median age down, coming in five years younger than truTV's overall primetime median age. Also this quarter, Lizard Lick Towing delivered truTV's mostwatched telecast ever with adults 1834.
- Full Throttle Saloon (Wednesdays 9 p.m.) returned with a vengeance for its third season, garnering Top 5 rankings in its timeslot with viewers, adults and men. The show, which goes behind the scenes at one of the largest biker bars in the world, averaged 2.2 million viewers in Q1, delivering tripledigit timeperiod growth across the board.
- Impractical Jokers (Thursdays 10 p.m.), truTV's newest hit, has brought in more than 2 million viewers in its first season. The show, which follows four lifelong friends as they dare each other to perform embarrassing feats in public, ranks among cable's Top 5 nonsports programs in the timeslot with adult and male demos. Impractical Jokers is also one of truTV's youngestskewing series, scoring a median age of only 34.
- Storage Hunters (Tuesdays 9:30 p.m.) stirred up 2.4 million viewers in Q1 with its look at the cutthroat world of storage auctions. The show, which is in its first season, scored Top 5 timeslot rankings with adults and men 1849.
- Black Gold (Wednesdays 10 p.m.) tapped 1.6 million viewers in Q1 2012, capping what turned out to be its mostwatched season yet. The series about Texas oil workers also ranked among cable's Top 5 entertainment programs in its timeslot with key male demos.
- truTV's Black Gold, Impractical Jokers, Hardcore Pawn and Lizard Lick Towing all ranked among basic cable's Top 50 unscripted series.
This summer, truTV will premiere its new series Hardcore Pawn: Fort Bragg, a very different look at the pawn business, focusing almost entirely on weapons and military equipment. In addition, several series are slated to return with new episodes over the coming months, including Hardcore Pawn (tonight), Impractical Jokers (March 29), Bait Car (April 8), World's Dumbest (June 7) and Lizard Lick Towing (June 11).
truTV, one of cable's fastest growing brands, offers a wildly entertaining look at the real world through outrageous characters, unpredictable situations and irreverent storytelling. Currently seen in 92 million U.S. households, truTV features such popular original series as Hardcore Pawn, Full Throttle Saloon, Lizard Lick Towing, Storage Hunters, Impractical Jokers, Operation Repo, South Beach Tow, Black Gold and World's Dumbest , as well as the acquired hit Wipeout. In addition, truTV is a partner in airing the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship. During the daytime, the channel features expert trial coverage under the name In Session.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news; entertainment; animation and young adult; and sports media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.