Clever country mouse Emily and her sophisticated city mouse cousin Alexander travel the globe in search of mystery and excitement when the all-new animated family series THE COUNTRY MOUSE AND THE CITY MOUSE ADVENTURES debuts SUNDAY, MARCH 1 (7:00-7:30 a.m. ET), exclusively on HBO. The 26-episode series debuts new editions every Saturday and Sunday at the same time as part of HBO's family programming weekend strip, which runs from 7:00 to 8:00 a.m.
Traveling the world in the Victorian era, Emily and Alexander help out friends and relatives in need, battle eccentric villains, and escape hair-raising predicaments, in the process discovering exciting new people, places and cultures. The mice originally appeared on HBO in the 1993 animated musical tale "The Country Mouse and the City Mouse: A Christmas Tale."
THE COUNTRY MOUSE AND THE CITY MOUSE ADVENTURES continues HBO's tradition of quality animated series, such as "Babar," "Happily Ever After: Fairy Tales for Every Child" and "Shakespeare: The Animated Tales." The series was created by Cinar, whose previous HBO projects include "The Little Lulu Show."March episodes:
- "The Mouse-tache Marauder" (#1) -- Cousin Gaston Mouse helps Emily and Alexander search for whoever's drawing mustaches on works of art in Paris' Louvre Museum. (debuting March 1)
- "The Case of the Disappearing Diamond" (#2) -- Trouble is afoot when the crown jewel disappears on the eve of Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee Celebration. (March 7)
- "Strauss Maus" (#3) -- In Munich for the premiere of Strauss' latest symphony, the mice help Cousin Otto, known as the Strauss Maus, unravel the mystery of the missing music. (March 8)
- "Those Amazing Mice in Their Flying Machines" (#4) -- The mice attend the first air race from London to Paris. (March 14)
- " 'Frisco Rumble" (#5) -- In San Francisco, Emily and Alexander scramble to find out who's causing the city's cable cars to break down. (March 15)
- "To Catch a Tiger by the Tail" (#6) -- Emily and Alexander team up with cousin Bajay to find animals that have disappeared from East India's Corbett National Park. (March 21)
- "Mouse-o-taur" (#7) -- Emily and Alexander help a friend falsely accused of stealing artifacts from a priceless archeological site in Greece, and discover that dirty rat Notail Nogoodnik is responsible for the crime. (March 22)
- "Adventure on the Orient Express" (#8) -- Emily and Alexander track a crafty jewel thief on the famous Orient Express. (March 28)
- "Swiss Chocolate Mouse" (#9) -- A mysterious bank heist in Zurich leads the two travelers to another mystery -- a strange woman who is buying all of the town's chocolate. (March 29)
The executive producers of THE COUNTRY MOUSE AND THE CITY MOUSE ADVENTURES are Micheline Charest and Ronald A. Weinberg; producer, Cassandra Schafhausen; director, Marcos Da Silva.