HBO, Warner Bros. and CNN en Español were among the winners of the 44th Annual Daytime Emmy® Awards, announced by The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
HBO’s Sesame Street received a total of five awards, including Outstanding Pre-School Children’s Series, plus nods in the following categories:
- Outstanding Directing in a Children’s, Pre-School Children's or Family Viewing Program
- Outstanding Writing in a Children’s, Pre-School Children’s or Family Viewing Program
- Outstanding Art Direction/Set Decoration/Scenic Design
- Outstanding Sound Editing – Live Action
Warner Bros. Telepictures received three Emmys:
- Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show
- Outstanding Live and Direct to Tape Sound Mixing
- Outstanding Multiple Camera Editing
Destinos—from CNN en Español—received the award for Outstanding Entertainment Program in Spanish.
The Daytime Emmy Awards recognize outstanding achievement in all fields of daytime television production and are presented to individuals and programs broadcast from 2:00 am to 6:00 p.m. Mario Lopez and Sheryl Underwood hosted the awards show Sunday night from the Pasadena Civic Auditorium. Watch it on Facebook here.