The Television Academy today announced the nominations for its 67th Emmy Awards. HBO lead the pack for the 15th consecutive year with more nominations than any other network – 126. Add 28 for Warner Bros., 13 for Turner, and five for Cinemax's The Knick, and Time Warner received a total of 172 Emmy nominations.
With too many to list, see the complete rundown. Here are the highlights:
- Game of Thrones led all nominees with 24 nominations, including Outstanding Drama.
- The HBO Miniseries Olive Kitteridge received 13 nominations.
- Bessie, the HBO Original Film starring Queen Latifah, received 12 nominations.
- Boardwalk Empire received 10 nominations.
- The Big Bang Theory received six nominations.
- The Voice received six nominations, including Outstanding Reality Competition Program.
- Gotham received four nominations.
- Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown received four nominations, including Outstanding Informational Series or Special.
- Cartoon Network programming received four nominations.
- CNN's The Sixties was nominated for Outstanding Documentary or Nonfiction Series
- Turner had four series – Adventure Time, Over The Garden Wall, Regular Show, and Robot Chicken – nominated for Outstanding Short-Format Animated Program
The 67th Emmy Awards will be telecast live from the Microsoft Theater on Sunday, September 20, at 8 p.m. ET.